What are you playing?

Code: Select all

i  = * ( long * ) &y;                       // evil floating point bit level hacking
i  = 0x5f3759df - ( i >> 1 );               // what the fuck?

watermoon
eternement hana

Re: What are you playing?

Post by watermoon »

biggs wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:13 am Short list of the titles that are currently queued up
  • Flying Shark
  • DOOM II (The new Nightdive update will motivate me to finish this)
  • Giga Wing
  • 1944: The Loop Master
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2
  • Hebereke 2
oh those are some good titles. for the arcade games, are you looking to get the 1cc? or just make it through them?

i'm curious how you end up feeling about 1944. as someone who adores raizing, i tend to forget about their later 8ing-branded work and wonder if it's actually worth investing time into.

i'm still out here racing rings, though i've just started to play online. it's strange… despite putting over 100 hours into the single-player game, i still feel unsure about how to actually play competitively. with srb2kart, i felt like offline practice translated pretty effectively to good online performance, but here i think there's a whole lot more going on that's hard to learn except by being thrown into the fray.

it's also a bit sad to see that, for as much effort was put into the game, the online servers are pretty vacant. usually there are only like 25 to 50 players online during peak hours, which is a fraction of what srb2kart used to pull, and that itself was already extremely niche as online games go. maybe the skill floor was really that offputting to people…

but still, every so often i see names that i remember back from when i was playing in 2020 and 2021, and it kinda makes me glad that they're still around. even if they likely don't remember me by now, i still remember them fondly…
maru
at sea

Post by maru »

I'm basically trying to finish Picross 3D still. Lol. There's only like one book left!

The weight of my impending trip to Japan is constricting me a bit — basically to Steam Deck or 3DS games only. Ironically, what I've been doing instead is trying to understand how to play Final Fantasy XI. I finally got Horizon going. If anyone wants to try with me ... let me know ...
We don't care what you say but we care what you do.
We’re the invisible entity that looks out for you.
biggs
entrant

Post by biggs »

watermoon wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:17 pm oh those are some good titles. for the arcade games, are you looking to get the 1cc? or just make it through them?

i'm curious how you end up feeling about 1944. as someone who adores raizing, i tend to forget about their later 8ing-branded work and wonder if it's actually worth investing time into.
I'm not quite ready to start 1cc runs on anything, just yet. My first attempt at that will be Gradius II, possibly my favourite sequel ever. Trying to play through as many STGs as possible to figure out which titles appeal to me first.
watermoon
eternement hana

Post by watermoon »

biggs wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:22 pm I'm not quite ready to start 1cc runs on anything, just yet. My first attempt at that will be Gradius II, possibly my favourite sequel ever. Trying to play through as many STGs as possible to figure out which titles appeal to me first.
that's entirely fair! i always felt like stgs are surprisingly diverse when it comes to playstyle, and some types just end up clicking better for one person than another, and it's really fascinating how just a few subtle changes in one direction or another can completely change the game's appeal. personally, i never really got into danmaku and tended to favor older gameplay styles, and after a bit more searching i ended up gravitating toward the type of proto-danmaku "manic" stg design that was popular in the '90s and became much rarer to find after that. but the whole genre is full of little pockets like that, where one company goes off and develops a style that might only last for as long as the company is still around, and unless you explore you'll never know what you might end up falling in love with…
sinku
assailant

Post by sinku »

I played Soma and it kicked my ass emotionally and I was also playing the new Doom release before then and its new episode and that kicked my ass pretty hard too cuz the Nightdive guys hired all the cool doom ppl to make a really hard episode ... Shoutout to Xaser Acheron hes the coolest and apparently spearheaded the project and made a lot of textures and sounds for it. I love him
are the party rockers in the room with us right now?