Calling for banners!

Anything and everything.
maru
at sea

Post by maru »

You may have noticed that we have three different forum skins:

- Aura (bright!)
- Aqua Slate (dark!)
- Invision Power Board 1.3 Alpha Blue (classic!)

Each one lets us change basically everything about the theme. Including the forum banners! So I would like to invite the artists among us to make some banners we can use on each independent skin. That means we need different banners for each skin!

(As a fun fact, it does this as ... PHP ... macros? So I think I could probably randomly select a banner if I look into how to phrase that in 2006-era PHP language.)

If you're willing, please do help establish our culture. Feel free to give it your best shot and we can talk it out. I'll upload it to my storage and then use it here. :)
We don't care what you say but we care what you do.
We’re the invisible entity that looks out for you.
JennyDog
assailant

Post by JennyDog »

What sort of technical requirements are there for the skins? Like, file size/dimensions/color stuff, or is it more less just w/e? Is it possible to test out possible banners while fiddling around or is that only under admin stuff

Getting more into digital art is a bit aspirational for me as all my art is analog, but always willing to try!
maru
at sea

Post by maru »

Well you can generally go off the current dimensions of the banner on the board. The Aura banner above is 800x209. The Aqua Slate banner is 800x100. I'm not sure IPB 1.3 has a default banner, really, so anything goes.

Don't feel pressured to do anything, though. Just keeping it open as an idea...
sinku
assailant

Re: Calling for banners!

Post by sinku »

so, new banners. maybe we could make banners the background of the top box where paralogue.org sits? maybe each banner have a logo and then the site have a random set of quotes to go in the place where 'Now with slightly fewer CVEs' lives?
are the party rockers in the room with us right now?
sinku
assailant

Post by sinku »

Maybe this should be a general-purpose propaganda thread .. it might be funny to make paralogue propaganda and inflate our usercount like gun companies would arbitrarily add 3000 to the serial numbers of their weapons to imply they were making more than they were.
maru
at sea

Post by maru »

sinku wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:32 am so, new banners. maybe we could make banners the background of the top box where paralogue.org sits? maybe each banner have a logo and then the site have a random set of quotes to go in the place where 'Now with slightly fewer CVEs' lives?
Right, I never answered this. So the banners change per theme; for the default theme it's this 400x250 box that I manually just set to 0 width 0 height.

As for a random site description like that, I thought of that too, but couldn't find a readymade plugin for it yet. Just plugins that would add an additional "quote" below the header that randomises. Weird.
sinku
assailant

Post by sinku »

i felt compelled to paint a paralogue terminal but its not particularly related. it was fun though
Attachments
cowboom.vt-resize.png
cowboom.vt-resize.png (34.23 KiB) Viewed 1825 times
cowboom.vt-crop.png
cowboom.vt-crop.png (238.46 KiB) Viewed 1825 times