what's stuck in your head?

Code: Select all

find */**.flac

watermoon
eternement hana

what's stuck in your head?

Post by watermoon »

i honestly don't know why antihoney's cover of let it be fucks me up so much… maybe because it's like she's struggling to be heard while the music threatens to swallow her whole, maybe because i learned of her story recently and she, she kinda was…

sinku
assailant

Post by sinku »

gbv songs have been on my mind a lot lately. i was humming this one today: <a href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjvPqVHFciQ' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>when she turns 50</a>.
are the party rockers in the room with us right now?
watermoon
eternement hana

Re: what's stuck in your head?

Post by watermoon »

for some reason i've been thinking about scott miller again. he's always been a figure who i've wanted to love more than i actually could. he's smart and trying to be smart, clever and trying to be clever, but all in a way where the end result comes off not as obnoxious but as, um, inscrutable. he contorts his melodies until they sound like the equivalent of when you rewrite a joke so many times that it's only funny if you remember the previous iterations, he writes lyrics that seem more designed to be dissected for years afterward than sung along to, he's trying so hard to make art out of rock music about girls and that's admirable and relatable.

this is the closer on his double album that's only a little bit about him moping over giving his life to the music industry and not getting the return on investment that he expected. and even though there are more bombastic and "produced" songs on here, this might be my favorite. the guitar that sounds like it was ran through a leslie, the way his airy voice hangs over the already-thin mix, the melodic line of the chorus that breaks my brain… it's all so gorgeous.

(lyrically he's kinda writing his own death one album, a band change, a career change, and a published book before the real one happened, but i think that's just a common temptation for a certain kind of artist)

maru
at sea

Post by maru »

I've had this 90s TMBG song in my head for a while. >_<

We don't care what you say but we care what you do.
We’re the invisible entity that looks out for you.
sinku
assailant

Post by sinku »

maru put this TMBG song in my head
are the party rockers in the room with us right now?