Recent Albums

Code: Select all

find */**.flac

watermoon
eternement hana

Re: Recent Albums

Post by watermoon »

i've been stuck here for a couple days, trying to figure out how i feel about the opening song on here, but the only concrete feeling i get is that this shouldn't be here. like this cassette art is very adorable, but damn if it doesn't also have that "i made this :)" look to it. but then you put in the cassette, and listen to the first track, and get hit with this densely-arranged belle & sebastian-y jewel of twee pop.

the songs on here would get rerecorded and released on cd later that year (which can be yours right now for only $150!), so i guess it did find a more fitting home for it in time, though the arrangements on those kinda drown out her voice…
sinku
assailant

Re: Recent Albums

Post by sinku »

im a fan of shudder to think's album Funeral at the Movies and I think it is almost end to end great songs, but, the album they released after it might be better?? I am still digesting it, but Get Your Goat is so weird and unusual with these crazy moments of dissonance but also very pretty harmony and this clean integration of synth stuff very briefly, its so unique. I love it ...

For the past month or so I have been getting up to speed with the american industrial scene: factrix, minimal man, tuxedomoon (as a sort of secondary), ike yard and controlled bleeding.. all good, but my favorite so far might be Robert Turman and his record Way Down. it kinda sounds like a precursor to fourth world magazine/monopoly child star searches spencer clark and by extension the skaters' whole thing. idk though, because the compositional ideas and ideals i think are pretty different and it is maybe more by happenstance it sounds like it was recorded thru an ass than by intention. I could be wrong, though. his wife is in the comments of this yt video maybe!!
https://robertturman.bandcamp.com/album/way-down
are the party rockers in the room with us right now?