Introduce yourself

Anything and everything.
mara
elf

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by mara »

hello, my name is mara. 26/f/slc. i've never been much for writing posts like this. i have a website at https://nekopath.fun

my favorite color is clear. i do the usual span of dilettante activities, music slightly more seriously than the rest. i like making clicky music. i like to read books but i'm inconsistent. i used to spend a lot of time studying mathematics and i'd like to return to that being a central focus of my life, but things seem to be pulling me in other directions. i like to cook and bake things for people. i like to run a lot, but ive had a nagging injury ever since my last marathon so it's been tough.

i dislike defining things. i'm not sure definite knowledge can be held. i'm doubtful of the existence of any real relations between things. i'd like to live between two modes: helping others and chasing flow state. currently shaky at both. i'm not great at socializing but i've been good at it in the past. i value motion highly. i'm in need of a project. i want to increase my skill points and level up.

:)
Last edited by mara on Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
disarray
entrant

Post by disarray »

hi, I'm Jade - I'm a 22yo F, living in the Chicagoland metro area since 2023. Before that I lived in many places in the US. I'm mostly active on fedi (disarray@layer02.net if you want to follow!) but I hope to be active here just as much, forums are nice and it's been too long since I've used one!!

I've been working in IT over the last 4~ish years, mostly in Data Centers. I don't have a degree or any certs though, but I'd like to get some. I was enrolled in college but never fully started due to some personal and work complications at the time... I've been thinking about enrolling again in the next couple of years though - once things are nice and peaceful again. life is still quite busy atm, but im getting there slowly each day!

For my hobbies I like working with servers and computers, fixing and breaking them. so, p much the same as my day job. I also enjoy going on walks and riding my ebike when the weather is nice, just nature in general is so pretty to be in. I also used to game a lot, but I don't do so much anymore. I want to change that and start gaming again as I miss it, plus having my primary hobby be so similar to my day job can be exhausting... zzz

I'm not sure what else to say about myself, I struggle with these kinds of things (likely bc of my anxiety) - but I am happy to meet you all & talk w/ old friends again! ^^;
"And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness..."
Chemicalsheep
Profane idol

Post by Chemicalsheep »

Hello! I'm Chemicalsheep, you can also call me Chloe if you want. 31, she/her transfem

I am probably going to mostly lurk and chime in occasionally. I'm a former theatre kid who went to a culinary college because I like cooking and then realized working in commercial kitchens is awful and stressful so I stopped working in that industry but I appreciate the skills I gained on their own merit.

I miss forum culture though I rarely use the one forum I still frequent. I used to be in several animation collectives (the clock crew and lock legion) making animations in Macromedia Flash, the least pirated animation software on the planet. I am trying to get better at digital/sprite art and creative writing.

I am a Dutch expatriate that moved to the UK, and hopefully will be moving to the US soon with my fiancée Watermoon.

I think that covers everything that is immediately relevant
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage
hint_of_jasmine
entrant

Post by hint_of_jasmine »

Hi! I'm Jasmine.

I'm mostly a computer programmer, and I am *good* at what I do :) I've always got one or two side projects bubbling, but they're a bit under wraps right now :) Nearly most of my free time is on the computer, doing a project or playing a game or tweaking the homelab or dealing with the consequences of gear acquisition syndrome. Just got a server rack. It doesn't fit anywhere. That's life.

I probably haven't been on forums since I was 15 (since I stopped playing Eternal Lands), but I think it might be time to come back :)
nousnaut
entrant

Post by nousnaut »

Nousnaut Sigourney, skipper of the Nooscaphe.

For years I have sailed on the sea of ideas searching for meaning, truth, justice, and most importantly -- the ultimate piece of headgear (currently Tilley hats reign... but I've not yet given up the search!).

Current quests include: making philosophy lectures for one of my partners, converting to Christianity of the Anglican sort, figuring out how to get computers to do what I tell them, and wrangling, triaging and finally realizing as many of my visions as possible.

phpBBs are the only form of anything like social media that should be allowed on the internet. Smilies are superior in every way to emojis, the high latency forces you think a bit about what you post, and the whole UX is gloriously transparent. Also I'm old enough to have flamed random middle aged men on ezBoard
and I thank you for singing these tears,
for showing me home/finally, I've found I belong here
userfxnet
entrant

Post by userfxnet »

A "quick reply" field, so n i c e-ah!

Hi hello. I'm userfx, I go under the name "flipperzero" (no relation to the network hacking device) for music and internet radio hosting I do, I'm a 29 y/o married cyberpunk music artist and DJ that hosts a show on anonradio.net called Lit Up On Linux (airs every Thursday 0000UTC, 5pm Wednesdays PDT!).

I'm also a geminaut, capsuleer, and the sysop of a pubnix I run at Hashnix.club which hosts a variety of services, much like other tildes in the tildeverse. I'm just some geek guy that likes to tinker around with software, networking, and music stuff @.@

You can find my music soon at the hashnix.club/~flipperzero sub-domain, but I also got bandcamp at flipperzero.bandcamp.com bleeehhhh (soundcloud being remodelled atm)

Nice to meet you all! I hope to post more soon, and I'll be posting about this beautiful forum. It looks amazing, I love the hacker vaporwavey aesthetic of it. Ciao for now. Long live the smallnet!

-Userfx