Digital art tools?

Code: Select all

Progress: 35% [===-      ]

JennyDog
assailant

Digital art tools?

Post by JennyDog »

Hey, for the multimedia folks -- what does your digital art toolchain look like?

I've used Pexel and Aesprite before, and I use to make complex art in MSPaint (I use to run into some sort of memory leak that would eventually kill the program, so I would save religiously haha). Now I have a small Wacom Intuo S which I've had a really mixed experience with, and Krita, and I've sort of stalled my digital art because I've found myself really struggling with them.
sinku
assailant

Re: Digital art tools?

Post by sinku »

I dont really have a toolchain, but I would recommend giving HEAVYPAINT a shot. It is very idiosyncratic and has a niche community of users. It hits a really nice spot in terms of minimalism, you can organize and customize your UI with a lot of depth, the brushes are weird and its very digital art oriented. You ought to stick with krita since it is becoming the defacto free standard cuz its so damn good compared to almost everything else afaik.
are the party rockers in the room with us right now?
JennyDog
assailant

Post by JennyDog »

Woah the presentation here is really cool! I dig how throw into the loop I feel, I can see how this would get a niche scene.
sinku
assailant

Post by sinku »

JennyDog wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 4:27 pm Woah the presentation here is really cool! I dig how throw into the loop I feel, I can see how this would get a niche scene.
i really wish i knew more weird tools like this. the only other one I know is this painting program that is primarily an in-depth fluid simulation by this incredible artist-programmer who i knew thru seeing his weird vst(s) a lot. personally, i prefer the digital look of HP stuff, but the community gallery here is pretty incredible
are the party rockers in the room with us right now?