fascinating music videos

Code: Select all

find */**.flac

watermoon
eternement hana

fascinating music videos

Post by watermoon »

or live performance, or anything else where music is paired with video in a way that speaks to you.

i adore music videos. they're like little stylized portals into another time, another culture, another form of being. recorded transmissions from ghosts – sometimes literally now. and they're always so, frustratingly goddamn beautiful…

when i was selecting a few to post here, i ended up wasting a couple hours looking through my collection and getting lost in it. oops.

if there is to be any record of humanity for our progenitors to discover, i'd want this to be what they see. i want this to be how we are remembered. i want someone to build a very big crane to drag the voyager probes back here so we can load this video onto them before we send them back out again. it really feels like a window into an idyllic state that has long since passed, will never be again, and may never have been. yu-ki (the girl in red) owns a piece of my heart and there's no way of denying it.

watermoon don't post exclusively japanese music videos challenge

rush learned how to chroma key and by god they're going to use it. aimee mann is absolutely goals. i am utterly obnoxious to watch this video with because i'll keep blurting out things like the synchronized twirl! and tiny rotating geddy!!

a needlessly-schlocky pop song from an austrian band gets a needlessly-pompous sendup with kinda-fascist iconography? i'm really not sure how to describe the way it makes me feel, and i think that's why it stuck with me for all these years. it also fucks me up that the line which goes the hardest – every minute of the future is a memory of the past – was in the original too.

(the original video is unfortunately age-restricted)
i think that of the more conceptual, storytelling-y music videos, i have a soft spot for this one. the way it transitions between character povs is a bit overt but it's fun to try to keep track of where they all are.

i could go on like this for hours.
maru
at sea

Re: fascinating music videos

Post by maru »

I feel like I've mentioned this too many times but I love the 90s REM music videos. They make this use of photo negatives and on-screen collage that makes it feel as though they're trying to "put the past together" through so much information.

We don't care what you say but we care what you do.
We’re the invisible entity that looks out for you.